Friday 6 January 2012

Hospital must have missed me (1/1/2012-6/1/2012)

I've not written in my blog for a few days now so I appologise for that but unfortunately the hospital seemed to miss me too much and I had to go back in. 1st January 2012, a new start for many people, a time when they make new years resolutions. I myself made one...I'm not going to hospital for a while...Well that lasted the best part of about 19 hours. I was fine then the coughing started. I upped my nebulisers but as usual it was no use and I had to phone my mum to tell her I had to go to out of hours at 11pm. When I got there, saw the doctor he immediately phoned 999 for an ambulance and put me on a neb. The ambulance came and I was blue lighted all the way up to the hospital. I spent about the best part of 5 hours wheezing away, nebulisers wouldn't stop it, I was getting so fed up. Eventually the wheezing stopped and I was transferred to a ward at 3am. What a socialble hour indeed.

I fell asleep for the best of an hour and got a wake up call from a doctor at 4:30am. I was going to go mad until I noticed how good looking he was so I grinned and beared it :). I got transferred to my usual ward of 204, respiratory at about 12am the next day. I seemed to be improving but as usual with me nothing ever goes the way I want it to.

Custard...yes you just read that right, I was nearly killed on 3 occasions by custard...I mean come on...I ate my dinner, ate my 'lovely' pudding of custard then ten minutes later there was a lovely rash all the way up and down my arms...

Then it was the inability to breathe, take the epi pen and onto the oxygen. I do of course rock the look as you can see in the picture below :p.

So after all that lovely commotion had happened you'd think I would at least get a good nights sleep? Wrong...On two occasions they had the ICU doctor, the anastethtic doctor and the head consultant of respiratory down thinking if they were going to transfer me to ICU in nature of my reactions. After a lot of needles, shots of adrenaline and nebulisers I eventually settled and began to feel better.

To cut a long story short, I eventually did begin to get better and even though I'm not 100% I am home now, very happy to be home at that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment